What to wear
Be sure to choose clothing appropriate for your type of work and industry position. The neckline is very important, since the headshot is a close crop on your head and shoulders. Well fitted and tailored clothing is a must, as baggy clothing will make you look larger than you desire.
In general, it’s a good idea to bring one light neutral such as cream, beige, or light gray, one dark neutral such as brown, black, or smokey gray, and one bright color option.
Deep purples compliment almost any skin color. Stay away from darker colors if your hair is very dark, your hair may blend into your clothing. Also keep in mind that as we age, lighter colors may be more flattering and fresh than all black, as darker colors near the face will draw more attention to wrinkles.
Keep accessories to a minimum. A headshot is meant to enhance your most engaging features, so a distracting necklace or pair of earrings is not a good choice.
• Make sure you arrive well rested and hydrated in the days prior to your session.
• Arrive with clean and dry hair and skin, with no makeup, if you booked a session with our makeup artist.
• Bring along at least 3-5 options for tops, with a variety of necklines and strap styles.
• If you have long hair, avoid tying it back before the session to avoid creasing, but bring along quality hair ties and clips.
• When relevant, please take care of any manicuring of eyebrows and/or facial hair a few days before the session.
Need a second opinion? Give us a call and we'll walk you through it.